Here’s a basic list of items to bring. The retreat center provides alarm clocks, linens, pillows, and blankets, soap and bath towels.
2019 JMN Retreat Packing List
- A Friday night Shabbat outfit. We encourage you to wear all-white in the spirit of Jewish summer camp, or anything in which you feel comfortable and ready to enter a spiritual communal space
- Digital Camera and/or video recorder (flip cam) – We’re encouraging you to bring your (high-resolution) digital camera or flip cam to the retreat to help us capture the magic and excitement of our community. There will be a sign up at registration for those who are willing to take pictures and send us your photos in the week following the retreat.
- iPod with your favorite music to share. Perhaps iPod speakers if you’d like to share your jams with people in a speakerless space
- Toiletries: toothpaste, bath soap, shampoo, bug spray and sunscreen
- Comfortable shoes for walking and hiking
- Seasonally appropriate layers: even in summer, nights can be chilly
- Toys for children
- Sports equipment
- Raincoat or umbrella
- You might want to bring a beach towel if you plan to go in the pool or lake
- Ritual wear for services (kippot, tallisim, tefillin, etc.) is optional and is available at the center. Reform and Conservative Prayer books are provided, though you may choose to bring your own.
- Dress is casual. You can bring loose clothing for yoga.
- Please bring any prescription medications you will need for the duration of your stay.