Our private community forum enjoyed a good level of activity this week. Of note were the following discussions, news items, events and announcements.
- The most commented discussion concerned bullying at school after a member’s child experienced it firsthand. There were many responses and consistent recommendations.
- There is a member review of the musical Sosua, Dare to Dance Together, the story of Jews saved by the Dominican Republic. Sosua is enjoying its last performance on Sunday, June 6, 2010 at the YM & YWCA of Washington Heights, New York City. Check the event calendar for times. Online ticket purchase is no longer available, so you’ll have to pay at the door. Listed prices are $20 at the door; $10 students and seniors.
- The Adoption Column: a published article from single mother by choice, journalist and JMN staff member, Courtenay Edelhart.
- There were several mentions about Nikia Brown, a first generation African American Jew who is a contestant on Israel’s version of American Idol.
- Lastly, there were a few members making their first entries on the community forum. Welcome!
The private forum is a safe place for the exchange of information, ideas and emotional content among the Jewish Multiracial Network membership. Make a request through our contact page for access.
Consider becoming active on this site as well. Every story posted to the site is open for comments. We’d love to hear from you.